Your child needs tender care—from you and your family—and from the pediatric home health nurses you trust to care for your child at home. Tendercare Home Health Services partners with families like yours, bringing clinical expertise, experience, reliability, and compassion to every child in our care, every day.
Family-owned and locally operated, Tendercare is one of the largest private home healthcare agencies in Indiana. We offer a wide range of home health services for all ages and have a long history of caring for children with complex medical needs. Our commitment to individualized, high-quality home healthcare has made it possible to build trust-based relationships with families that span years—beginning with the care of their children just home from the hospital through childhood, adolescence and even young adulthood. Working in partnership with families, Tendercare provides personalized in-home care delivered by skilled, competent and supportive nursing professionals. Choosing Tendercare for your child’s home healthcare not only means a promise of exceptional service, but also a relationship grounded in:
Experience and Expertise Set Us Apart
Tendercare is managed day-to-day by a tight-knit team of professionals with extensive experience in critical care nursing. We have seasoned registered nurses and licensed practical nurses expertly trained to deliver the best in pediatric home health care and to confidently manage the high-tech equipment required for children with high-risk medical conditions.
Our pediatric home health services include:
- Ventilator patient care
- Tracheostomy care
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) patient care
- Premature infant care n Simple/complex wound care
- MACE, Monti and colostomy care
- Pain management and cancer care
- Pulmonary hypertension care
- Well-baby and newborn follow-up care
- Neuromuscular disease care, including muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, genetic disorders and SMA
- Quadriplegic care
- Intravenous (IV) and antibiotic therapy
- Gastrostomy care
Care team ensures individualized, coordinated care
When it comes to providing outstanding home healthcare, Tendercare believes in the power of teamwork. We begin planning your child’s homecoming from the very first referral call. As a new patient family, you can expect that appropriate staffing to meet the unique needs of your child will be in place from the very first day. A core team of Tendercare nurses and administrative professionals will consult with you and your child’s doctor to develop a customized, in-home care plan. Each patient family is assigned an admissions nurse, a case manager and a scheduling coordinator who will work collaboratively with you to address your child’s needs. During the first few weeks, a select group of experienced nurses will be oriented to your child’s healthcare requirements and your home environment.
Qualified care, personal service
- As a Tendercare family, you will receive:
- A thorough admissions orientation meeting to review your child’s care plan and answer your questions.
- An experienced RN case manager to oversee your child’s care.
- Access to nurses and Tendercare administrators 24/7 to answer medical questions or to address concerns.
- A contact person for scheduling.
- Online access to your child’s care schedule through the Tendercare website.
- A select group of qualified nurses responsible for providing the majority of your child’s in-home care.
Tendercare’s professional services
Providing exceptional home healthcare is a 24/7 commitment. Our comprehensive professional services for children and adults include:
- Specialized, in-home nursing care by Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Home health aide services
- Attendant care services
- Select durable medical equipment (DME) and supplies (Tendercare is a licensed DME company.)
Learn more about Tendercare
If you’d like more information about Tendercare’s commitment to caring for children with special healthcare needs, please call our office to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our team members. You may also visit our website for more details.
800.806.6142 (toll free)